After inking, you artist will place a wrap around your new tattoo to protect it for the first few hours.
After 2-3 Hours
When your artist instructs (usually after 2-3 hours), remove the wraps gently and then wash the tattoo with a non harsh soap like Dove ( plain dove bar). Do NOT scrub, use your hand and gently apply soap, rinse with luke warm water. Tap dry with a CLEAN cloth or air dry.
wear clean clothes and use clean sheets that you do not mind getting ink stains on. Let your tattoo breathe.
Repeat the gentle washing and apply a tattoo lotion / cream or ointment as instructed. Do NOT use just anything. Follow your artist’s guidance.
Large flakes or scabs appear. DO NOT PICK AT THEM. Continue using your tattoo cream / ointment.
First 2 Weeks
Small to medium tattoo stop peeling. Redness and swelling subsides.
First 3 Months
Stay out of the sun and stay out of water (excluding bath / shower). Use a tattoo safe sunscreen.
Long Term Care
Continue using sunscreen, avoid sunburn as much as possible.
Tattoo Plaster Aftercare Instructions
- Let luke warm water flow over plaster.
- Pull from sides (let someone help).
- Plaster will lift as you pull it.
- Once plaster is off – wash tattoo with anti-bacterial soap.
- Patt dry with towel.
- Leave for 10 minutes to dry properly.
- Apply a light layer of Budda Butter ointment 2 times a day.
- Do not soak in water.
- Moisturise 2 times a day.
- Don’t scratch or pick the scabs.